Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank God For The Dreamer...

Do you ever dream? What do you dream about? I'm not talking about the dreams you have when you are sleeping. I'm talking about dreams to do something with your life or dreams to be some where at a certain point in your life. Dreams of accomplishment, dreams of prominence. Have you given up on those dreams? Why? Do they seem unreachable at this point in your life? Do they seem so far out there that you feel they are unrealistic to attain? If you tell them to people do they give you that "you are crazy" look and tell you that you're foolish and that it will never happen? There is a quote by Peter Reece that I want you guys to remember. "Dreams are only foolish to those who lack them." What makes your dream so crazy or outlandish? If it wasn't for dreams we as a human society would not be where we are today. No cars, no electricity, no phone, no television, no stove, no bicycle, no train, no Ipod etc etc etc... It all started with a dream. Thank God for the dreamers!!!

Here's another quote that I know you have heard at some point in your life. "Better late than never." For the past couple of years that has been one of my favorite quotes. I have always been a dreamer. When I say always, I mean always! I have had so many dreams that I can't even count them all. I had dreams of being doctor, teacher, football player, basketball player, firefighter and even a cop. I had dreams of being a rapper, an actor, producer, poet, writer, clothing designer and business owner. I'm gonna stop there because we could be here for a while if I don't. With the exception of a few of those none of them are too late for me to accomplish. So one day I asked myself, "self, what is it that you really want to do?" I then narrowed down that list. I want to be a business owner/clothing designer. I’m talking a legit business. Not getting a couple of t-shirts with my logo on them hustling them on the streets. Also a writer/poet/rapper. I've been writing raps since that 7th grade and I love doing it so why stop loving it now. In fact I'm working on an album right now. Do you know what the name of it is? Its called "Its Better Late Than Never". You know what the name of the first single is called? Its called "Its Better Late Than Never" Here's a couple of bars from the first verse.

Hello my name is Trevor and on this endeavor
I'm here to tell you that Its Better Late Than Never
Never give up on a dream, Never give up when it seems
Your life is at a light that Never wants to turn green
You better mash on the gas and smell the rubber burn
Throw that bitch into 3rd like there's Never another turn
Peel off and leave skid marks, yeah I know the road is dark
But now at least you're moving Never live your life in park
So this marks the start of what I'm destined to do
I have to go get em, no more resting my dude

That's just a snippet people, it only gets better from there. Here's the bottom line. I am living my dreams. Union Specific Journey is my dream. The clothing line that's coming, the blog, the rhymes, the parties are all Union Specific and are my dreams that are now my reality. I'm putting it out there for the world to see. The past was full of mistakes, set backs, aggravation, let downs and disappointment. I let that stop me from completing my dreams. I would start one thing then stop. I would jump on wagon and without even staying for the ride I would jump off. Not this time. I'm riding the Union Specific Journey wagon until the wheels fall off! Nothing is stopping it. And if you have dreams that you have always wanted to follow, start following them now! Don't doubt yourself and don't let other people stop you. If they tell you to keep dreaming, you say "no problem." Hey, Its Better Late Than Never... US

No comments:

Post a Comment