Thursday, November 18, 2010

"The Sample Hour" (Revisited)

In two weeks, one of the dopest events I have ever been a part of is going down, "The Sample Hour". It is in Washington D.C. at Queen Makeda Lounge located at 1917 9th St NW (bet N T St & N Florida Ave) 20001. Every time I write about this event I refer to it as epic. "This is going to be an epic event," or "This is one not to be missed." When I say that, I really mean it. I don't think you guys are really ready for what’s going down that night. Let me give you a little insight.

For starters, "The Sample Hour" isn't just about the music. This is a coming out event, an introduction for Union Specific Journey. So it's about US and our Union Specific Journey. See, there will be people there from all over the country, California, Minnesota, Georgia, Michigan, Florida & New York just to name a few places. This event is about US sampling each other (not in dirty way you perv). Different faces from different places all on different journeys. The event, "The Sample Hour," is a venue for US to come together and get to know one another. To find out what we have in common, to make connections with people you never knew existed, to prove that the equation You + Me = US is a reality. I can’t wait to see it come together!

Now to the music. The music is the inspiration behind this event. Listening to the Old School music that night in the backyard with Siks 9 was an experience in itself. I mean listening this music, and in its original form was already masterfully crafted. Then you get to a part in the song and say to yourself, "Wait a minute, I heard this somewhere!" Then it all comes together and you realize that one of your favorite Hip Hop songs was created using that little snippet of this Old School song. Amazing! The night of "The Sample Hour" expect to be overwhelmingly satisfied with how tastefully the music is put together. DJ P-Funk has been working so hard on this set. Being that Dec 4th is Jay-Z's birthday, there will be a special emphasis on the Old School music he sampled throughout his career that helped to solidify him as one of Hip Hop's greatest. The sound will be on point and the blend of the sample and the original will be precise. By the time the event is over, you will want to buy a cd of the music played that night. It’s gonna be that good!

As the buzz builds around this event for the next two weeks, I will be getting more and more excited. So never mind me if I go in on facebook or twitter and "The Sample Hour" is all I talk about. As a matter of fact, do mind me and make it your business to be in D.C. Dec 4th. This event is going to be talked about for a while. This event will be epic, one not to be missed.

"The Sample Hour" presented by Union Specific Journey.

1 comment:

  1. Epic is an understatement! Can't wait for it to go down!

    ReplyDelete